Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Android Studio 2.1.1 VS Eclipse + ADT Plugin

Why should I use Android Studio, encounter issues and complex tasks for, for example, importing libraries which are developed for Eclipse, having less support about bug I may encounter, ... rather than continuing using Eclipse ?
What are the real advantages of Android Studio vs Eclipse ?
1. It's also very slow (Android Studio). The only thing I could think of is that it could eventually become better than Eclipse. For now, I would stick with Eclipse. I also couldn't figure out how (if I even could) drag widgets onto my graphical layout. I gave up. Everything seems to be very slow.
2. This is not a good question for SO. You're more likely to get answers that don't deal with real facts, rather they'll mostly be opinions. They're both IDE's, but consider the fact that Android Studio is still in beta.
3. The question is really about features, slowness ... of Eclipse and Android Studio. Not about opinions.
If you have been using Eclipse with ADT, be aware that Android Studio is now the official IDE for Android, so you should migrate to Android Studio to receive all the latest IDE updates. For help moving projects, see Migrating to Android Studio

Blogger templates

 
AF Blog Copyright © 2009-2015 AFachri R Designed AFachri R